Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Breakdown

I'm not sure where else to post this, so I'll do it here. I'm relocating, probably permanently, to toomuchbluesky.blogspot.com. Both our Mac (which housed all of the Radio crap) and my laptop broke down in a space of two weeks. I'm using a borrowed laptop from work to type this, and I don't feel like going through the trouble of reloading Radio on a computer that isn't even mine. And with the uncertain future of the Salon blogs, it doesn't seem worth it. So the old blog is done.

More details at the aforementioned location.

BTW - how hard is it really to reload Radio? I don't even know my password, so I'm not sure how I would be able to prove that I'm the legitimate owner.

3 Comments:

Blogger mark hoback said...

I don't want to leave you out here with no responses. If you don't remember your password, you'll probably have to deal with Lawrence at Userland directly.

Fri Mar 03, 09:54:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Rayne Today said...

Ditto what both Mark and Dick said. You can work with Lawrence (lawrence -at- userland.com) to recover your password. I think once you get used to the interface at Blogspot (Blogger, really), you'll wonder why you bothered with Radio as long as you did. Radio is great for folks who like to tinker, loved the aggregator feature, but for the average Joe who doesn't tinker, it's a pain in the butt. You never did much tinkering, spent more time posting, so Blogspot will be a fit for you. Blogger/Blogspot is also becoming more and more customizable, should fully support categories before the end of the year (it's in beta now). I've been able to do quite a bit of customization with another blog I manage for a non-profit in Blogger/Blogspot, feel pretty confident you'll be able to do everything you want with your new site. Have a whirl with del.icio.us and Technorati, too, see how you can integrate some of the new features with your blog; these are features that aren't available for Radio. Good luck!

Tue Mar 07, 06:28:00 AM 2006  
Blogger Sky Bluesky said...

Thanks for the advice, folks. I have a new functioning MiniMac from out of the blue, and I was briefly debating starting up the Rube Goldberg monstrosity that is Radio. I think I'll stay here at Blogspot.

I truly miss categories, so I'm looking forward to Blogger going live with that feature.

Tue Mar 07, 08:53:00 AM 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home